Orange County Hazardous Waste Collection
LAST HAZMAT EVENT of 2022!
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2022
Time: 9am to 3pm
Location: OC Transfer Station #1 Maintenance Garage – 21 Training Center Lane, New Hampton, NY.
Please use the Service Entrance on Route 17M Across From Mid-Hudson Psychiatric Center.
Sponsored by Orange County DPW Division of EF&S., O.C. Sheriff’s Office, PaintCare, and County Executive Steven M. Neuhaus, Co-Sponsored by NYSDEC
What to Bring
• Oil and now Wet Latex/Water Based Paints
• Stains and Varnishes
• Paint Thinners & Strippers
• Wood Preservatives
• Resins, Rosins & Adhesives
• Polishes for Furniture, Floor & Metal
• Cleaners for Rug & Upholstery
• Cleaners for Oven, Toilet Bowl & Drain
• Swimming Pool Chemicals
• Pesticides, Herbicides, Insecticides (Including Lawn Care Products)
• Fluorescent Bulbs
• Spot Removers
• Dry Cleaning Solvents
• Lighter Fluids, Camp size propane tanks
• Septic Tank Degreasers
• Full or Partially Full Aerosol Cans
• Rubber Cement, Airplane Glue
• Photo Chemicals, Chemistry Sets
• Engine Degreasers
• Carburetor Cleaners, Car Waxes
• Kerosene, Gasoline, Gas/Oil Mixes
• Fire Extinguishers
• Mercury Thermostats, Thermometers
• Pharmaceutical Drugs
• Rechargeable (Ni-Cd) Batteries
• Auto and Tractor Batteries
• Transmission Fluids, Brake Fluids
• Motor Oil & Antifreeze
• COVID-19 safety protocols may apply.
• Please load your materials in the rear of your vehicle.
• For your safety, please remain in your vehicle.
• Event staff will unload your materials.
• No smoking on site.
• Bring valid ID showing Orange County residency