Frequently Asked Questions
Information about the Architectural Appearances Review Board can be found by clicking here.
|Board of Trustees
Information about the Board of Trustees can be found by clicking here.
1. Building permits are issued by the Building Department. Information about the Building Department can be found by clicking here.
2. A building permit application can be downloaded by clicking here.
A list of businesses in the Village of Monroe can be found by clicking here.
Information about the summer concert series can be found by clicking here.
1. Village elections are held the third Tuesday of March
2. Town, State and Federal elections are held the first Tuesday of November.
|Fireworks / Fourth of July Celebration
Every year the Village of Monroe hosts a fireworks extravaganza to celebrate Independence Day. The street festival begins at about 6pm and the fireworks start at about 9pm. They last about 45 minutes. Yes, 45 minutes.
|Garbage and Recycling Collection
1. Garbage is collected early on Monday mornings and Thursday mornings. Leave it out the night before to ensure pickup!
2. Recycling is picked up on Wednesday mornings. Leave it out Tuesday night to ensure pickup!
3. Bulk pickup is on Thursdays between the first Thursday in April and the last Thursday in December.
4. Garbage and recycling pickup is handled by the Town of Monroe. Their website can be found by clicking here.
5. The schedule of garbage and recycling for the year can be found by clicking here.
1. There is a two-hour parking limit in metered spaces.
2. Overnight parking on streets between the hours of 10pm and 6am is prohibited from November 1st through April 1st. Violators will be ticketed.
3. Traditionally every December parking fees are waived in metered spaces.
Information about the Planning Board can be found by clicking here.
Want a bite to eat? A list of Village restaurants can be found by clicking here.
Right in the heart of the Village is a senior housing complex called Monroe Commons. For more information please go to their website by clicking here or call (845) 781-0151.
Village property taxes are issued in June and must be paid in full by June 30th to avoid penalty. Payments with penalty will be accepted from July through the end of October. On November 1st unpaid taxes are levied onto the Town of Monroe property tax bill. Village property taxes that have been levied onto the Town of Monroe Property tax bill can be paid until November 15th. Payment must be made in Goshen. After that date taxes can only be paid when the Town of Monroe property tax bill is issued in January.
Water bills are mailed quarterly in February, May, August and November. Payment is due at the end of the billing month. There is a 10% penalty per month on overdue bills. You may pay your water bill in person or by mailing it in. For your convenience there is also a drop box for off-hour delivery. Water bills may also be paid online by clicking here. Online water payments are suspended between April 10th and April 30th. Online water bill payments made during that time will be returned. On April 15th all unpaid water account balances are levied onto the Village tax. A $75 charge is assessed on all relevied bills.
|Zoning Board of Appeals
1. Information about the Zoning Board of Appeals can be found by clicking here.
2. The ZBA application can be downloaded by clicking here.